Senior Software Engineer
We believe the internet has changed because of the proliferation of cloud services that commoditize personal data. Companies masquerade "free" services in exchange for something quite valuable: collecting and storing user data like emails, contacts, purchases, travel and browsing history.
At Privacy Labs, we are building a different future. We are on the verge of a new computing revolution - one that puts the user and their data first by decentralizing the net.
As a Software Engineer on our team you'll be responsible for the implementation, test and support of software that enables private and secure services for our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop software for mobile, embedded linux, or cloud platforms
- Implement automated unit and functional tests
- Conduct root cause analysis and resolution of customer support issues
- Stay up to date on industry trends and bring new ideas
- Participate in ideating and planning the upcoming features the team will focus on
- Participate in regular engineering stand ups and participate in the planning of sprints
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or other Engineering discipline
- Prefer 5+ years software development experience
- Prefer experience with golang
- Passionate about online privacy and security
- Legally authorized to work in the United States. We will file H1B transfers and TN petitions, but not H1B lottery cases. We will also accept other applicants on EADs. Canadian citizens are also welcome to apply.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes
- Dedication to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Consistent, clear, accurate communication
- A self-starter with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Eager to work in a small company startup environment, adapting to shifting priorities, and embracing iteration and continuous improvement
- Generous employee stock options
- Employee health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible work hours
Who Should Apply
You like to tinker and may have dabbled in prototyping (e.g.: Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Lego Mindstorms EV3) or using IFTTT with your smart devices at home
We are located in the heart of downtown Bellevue, with easy access to public transportation.
Privacy Labs was founded by seasoned entrepreneurs with a successful track record and decades of experience shipping products to hundreds of millions of users. We are well funded by great early stage investors that have backed companies like Instacart, Coinbase, Flexport, Redfin, Square, eero, and AirBnb.
Our purpose is to help people be free, private and secure online; to empower people to be their true authentic selves online. We equip people with the tools they need to take control of their own data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!