Build, Release and Automation Engineer
We believe the internet has changed because of the proliferation of cloud services that commoditize personal data. Companies masquerade "free" services in exchange for something quite valuable: collecting and storing user data like emails, contacts, purchases, travel and browsing history.
At Privacy Labs, we are building a different future. We are on the verge of a new computing revolution - one that puts the user and their data first by decentralizing the net.
We are looking for a Build, Release and Automation Engineer who wants to make an impact in consumer privacy and security by bringing passion for the problem and expertise to the team. As a key partner in our endeavor, you will be someone with an owner's mindset always looking for creative ways to improve our product and processes as a whole. This role reports directly to the CTO.
While we aren't publicly disclosing details right now, we can say that it's strategically central to the company and is going to change how we think about where we store our data and how we access it.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Automate build, release and testing of an embedded Linux operating system
- Automate build, deployment and testing of backend services on AWS
- Develop monitoring services and alerting framework
- Support software engineers in development of automated unit tests
- Configuration management and tracking of all software components
- Integration testing and validation of software releases
- Participate in regular engineering stand ups and participate in the planning of sprints
- Ensure delivery of highly reliable services to our customers
- Experience with Jenkins or other build automation tool
- Experience deploying services in AWS
- Experience in implementing alerting frameworks for services
- Experience with developing build and release processes
- Experience with test automation implementation
- Prefer experience with Yocto or other embedded linux build tool
- Prefer 3+ years of DevOps or Build and Release experience
- Prefer previous early stage startup experience
- Have the desire (and ability) to work in a fast, agile and nimble environment with frequent change
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Passionate about online privacy and security
- Legally authorized to work in the United States. We will file H1B transfers and TN petitions, but not H1B lottery cases. We will also accept other applicants on EADs. Canadian citizens are also welcome to apply.
- Generous employee stock options
- Employee health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible work hours
Who Should Apply
You like to tinker and may have dabbled in prototyping (e.g.: Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Lego Mindstorms EV3) or using IFTTT with your smart devices at home.
We are located in the heart of downtown Bellevue, with easy access to public transportation.
Privacy Labs was founded by seasoned entrepreneurs with a successful track record and decades of experience shipping products to hundreds of millions of users. We are well funded by great early stage investors that have backed companies like Instacart, Coinbase, Flexport, Redfin, Square, eero, and AirBnb.
Our purpose is to help people be free, private and secure online; to empower people to be their true authentic selves online. We equip people with the tools they need to take control of their own data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.